Formed as Keilor United (I.C.K.A) in 1984. Avondale FC was founded by Italian migrants and was formerly known as Keilor United (ICKA).
In 1999 the club relocated to Doyle Street Reserve in Avondale Heights and changed its name to Avondale Heights Soccer Club.
Over the next six years, the club competed in Provisional League 1 before being relegated to Provisional League 2 in 2009.
Avondale Heights SC then became the only club in Victorian Football to achieve promotion five times in six seasons to reach the top flight in Victoria, the National Premier League (NPL).
During this period in 2014, the club rebranded itself when entering the NPL competition as Avondale Football Club and nicknamed ‘The Avengers’, identifying itself as Avondale FC.
In 2018 the club developed one of the finest venues in Victorian football by signing a 10-year lease with the Reggio Calabria Club and naming the new ground Avenger Park.
The venue is situated in the heart of Parkville on Brunswick Road and is only 5km from Melbourne’s CBD.
- 2014 National Premier League 1 Champions
- 2013 State League 2 NW Runner-Up
- 2012 State League 3 NW Champions
- 2010 Provisional League 1 NW Runner-Up
- 2009 Provisional League 2 NW Runner-Up
- 2006 Provisional League 1 NW Runner-Up
- 2002 Women’s State League 3 NW Champions
- 2001 Provisional League 2 NW Champions
- 2000 Provisional League 3 NW Champions